While poker has always been one of the most beloved card games on the planet, the skyrocketing popularity of “Texas Hold ’em” and Lady Gaga’s hit single “Poker Face” prove that poker is back in a big way! Whether you operate a casino or just want to kick back and enjoy a friendly game of poker with your buddies, you may want to find cheap poker supplies. Here are some tips to assist you:
- Look for sales at offline discount retailers or game shops
Poker has made a big comeback in recent years, due in part to the popularity of Texas Hold ’em, which has multiple variations. While getting these items at offline stores is generally not as convenient as buying online, the main benefit is that you can save on shipping and handling costs. And if you periodically shop at game shops and discount retailers anyway, you won’t have to make an extra trip there!
- Surf the Net
As with just about everything else, whether you need poker cards or poker chips, you can find quality cheap supplies, by surfing the Internet. It’s wise to always use the “rule of three”: look for a product that is affordable, has favorable reviews, and is worth the price. Remember that while you’re searching, you should also be comparing the prices on other sites, as well as reading up on the brand name, the product, and any other information that you can find on the Internet. When you find a good deal, you can buy your cheap poker supplies and have a great game!
- Consider the quality of poker supplies that you want
When hunting for cheap poker items, you should consider the quality of the supplies you want. It’s likely that you want your cheap poker items to last for several years and have useful poker features, such as tournament quality chips, easy dealing poker cards, or a poker table top. But you have various options when selecting your set. Here are some options to consider:
- Durable: durable playing cards (such as graphite or die cut), casino style poker chips, cards (such as Bicycle brand), and poker throw bags.
- inked poker chips: these are the type of chips where the edge spots are filled with ink. This might be a good option for someone who wants their cheap poker supplies to last for a number of years.
- folded poker chips: these types of chips are separate chips, usually foldable, that have there own coverings, such as the die cut or graphite on the edges. They are usually heavier than the regular poker chips, so you might consider them if you want your cheap poker chips to feel a bit more like the real thing.
- non-inked poker chips: these look like the regular poker chips, with the exception of the side part of the chips, which is covered by a laminated surface. The difference in these from the previous item is that the edges may have a diamond pattern. You can also find collated chip sets that have the same design.
- poker chip cases: there are many different styles of poker chip cases, including aluminum, leather, vinyl, and metal. Make sure your chips have a place to put them, and that they are high quality. There are especially good ones made of wood, which are very affordable for a poker player.
- poker chip sets: here you can find anywhere from 100 to 1000 pieces, in various sizes. Usually these are according to the number of players that you expect to have. Tight sets are more expensive, so if you don’t expect to be in constant use, consider smaller sets.
- poker chip cases and trays: there are different styles of wooden poker chip case, which can be used on any table. Cases and trays come in both wooden and metal versions. If you expect to use the chips often, it is better to get wooden cases, which are easy to transport, while metal cases can be transport with relatively little effort.
- artificial palmitates: if you are really cheap and don’t want to spend much money, you can get artificial sweeteners, such as sucralose or aspartame. These are complicated to use, and harder to disguise, but they can be fun to use. Some people who are very familiar with these food mixes would not put sugar in them, as it would be sacrilegious to use it in a card game. artificial sweeteners are usually tasteful.